Friday, July 2, 2010

Maine...

It takes just 6 hours to drive from the mountains to the ocean, (white with foam?).  Well, no foam, but you get the idea.  This is Town Cove in Freeport, just blocks from L.L. Bean.  We've parked ourselves in an upscale campsite complete with pool and everything else.  This morning I sit watching little kids wander by in their pj's on their way to the bathroom and I remember my own little children, also in their pj's, excited to be camping.  Wasn't that just yesterday?  I brought Richie camping before he learned to walk so I remember him sleeping in his carriage in a State Park long ago and far away.  And those were the days of cloth diapers!  Oh my, I'm so glad I did that.  And I'm so glad this morning that I still have the energy and desire to pack it up, move it out, and partake of God's wonderful earth, with or without foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment