Friday, April 16, 2010

The Brewster Store


There is a feeling of home in certain places and The Brewster Store is one of those places for me.  As I pass through, memories are everywhere right down to the gas powered peanut roasting machine that I used to be terrified of.  The paint is wearing off the stairs that Robert and I painted one winter.  There is merchandise on the shelves that I priced 20 years ago.  Today I purchased a small painting that was painted by a friend and regular customer.  I actually know the people in it. 

I met my husband there one day when we were both in need of a hug.  That hug led to marriage and the companionship of one of the kindest people I know.  We get to grow old together while sitting on a bench and watching the world go by.  Hooray for 6a!

No comments:

Post a Comment