Sunday, May 9, 2010

Moms...


We all have one.  So many moms.  Some raise their children alone.  Some give their children away.  Some tragicly lose a child along the way.  Some give all the monetary things they never had growing up.  There is no right or wrong way to be a mom, the are lots of books on the subject but no real training beforehand. 

I was a teenage mom.  One day there she was, my daughter, tiny, looking up at me.  Expecting what?  I knew exactly nothing.  Whose bright idea was this?  We bumbled through.  Two years later there was a son looking up at me.  Then two more.  Still, what did I know? 

Now that I am old and wise, I know they were my greatest gifts, my inspiration, my heroes.  They come to me...for advice...just to listen...for encouragement, for praise.  And everyday they give me back...their magic.     

No comments:

Post a Comment